Home
Company
Poliya Milestones and History
Poliya Milestones and History
Poliya's constant attention to and investment in R&D, skilled human resources, the highest caliber of technology and fully automated production sites insures its position as the market leader. Poliya gets its power from its business ideology, which is to be the best corporate solution provider.
Poliya's Chronology
The benefits of composite materials have fueled growth of new applications in markets such as transportation, construction, corrosion-resistance, marine, infrastructure, consumer products, electrical, aerospace and appliances and equipment.
About 90% of all composites produced are comprised of glass fiber and either polyester or vinyl ester resin. 65% of composites are manufactured using the open molding method and the remaining 35% are produced using closed molding or continuous molding methods.
Polyester Resin Production
This graph represents the current and future projected amounts of unsaturated polyester resin (UPR) produced worldwide.
* units are in million tons.
Composite Material Production
Current and future projected amounts of composite materials
 
Since 1983 Poliya has been providing and sharing all the advantages of composites and polyester resins with its clients and has significantly contributed to the polymer industry.
 
 
1983
Poliya is founded by Ismet Cakar in a 40m small workshop
1984
Introduced first gelcoat and began R&D activities. Moved to 175m workshop
1985
Manufactured the first release agents and wax series.
Introduced color pastes.
1986
Established a new warehouse.
1987
Ran the pilot polyester reactors Moved to 700m new location.
1988
First weathering tests.
Introduced pre-accelerated gelcoat.
1989
Did the first thermoshock testing for gelcoats.
1990
Expanded Polipigment color range. Started accelerated weathering tests.
1991
Acquired a production plant for strategic expansion.
1992
Began running its reactor plant.
1993
Introduced legendary
Polijel 213 gelcoat.
1994
Introduced solid surface resins and chips.
1995
Poliya web site went online.
Expanded the organization.
1996
First computer controlled weathering tests.
Expanded production floor and warehouse.
1997
Started automation in reactor systems.
Established R&D labs.
1998
"In every part of life...™" became slogan.
First bisphenolic resin has been developed.
1999
HSE&Q policies set.Started international operations, participated in JEC'99 show.
2000
DNV certified ISO 9001 quality management system.
Joined Tubitak-EOP program
2001
Started international network.
Began Cerkezkoy site project.
2002
Established composites help and support center.
2003
Germany office established.
Expanded international network.
2004
Started Polisoft ERP system.
Developed DCPD resins.
Joined TKSD, KalDer.
Started Responsible Care program
2005
Developed Polives vinylester resins.
Introduced resin infusion technology to region.
2006
Introduced low VOC resins and gelcoats.
Moved to Cerkezkoy plants.
2007
Supported SAITEM solar car project.
Established package recycling center.
2008
Introduced anti bacterial product lines.
Expanded headquarters.
Developed Politix adhesive systems.
Started Greener Poliya project.
2009
Established ACL composites tech. center.
Introduced Poligranul natura series.